Sunday, August 26, 2012

Quar 15.1: Basic Room Box

I used MDF for the room boxes. Here’s six of the nine I’ll need along with my sample. S’hard patrols the area for spies.

Since they’re all going to be white I decided to clad them in white mat board for a very uniform surface instead of simply painting them white. First, I glued on oversized pieces on two opposite sides and let dry…

Then trimmed the excess mat board with scissors, using the box’s edge to run the blade along. Any ragged edges were cleaned up with a sandpaper block. I then glued and trimmed the remaining four surfaces in the same manor.

Inspector S’hard checks out the finished white boxes. I flipped the boxes around until I decided which surface would be the top, then marked the side corners black. Stay tuned for why.

No comments:

Post a Comment