Friday, March 9, 2012


An overcast day at the beach. Just off-camera to the left are seagulls frolicking on the shore. The roof uses the HGWalls technique except I used cardstock for a tile look…

Here’s the basic shell with windows, door frame, edges glued on. It was then just a matter of my usual filling in with spackle/filler. I then added a second door frame for depth. Once dry, I decided to make the finished surface look more uneven so I applied a dryer spackle mix (much less paint added) to the walls in small wads which were smushed and blended in with my finger. All in all, I like the way the building came out. I can smell the ocean breeze.